WHAT IS THE DANONE NATIONS CUP ?
- The biggest football tournament in the world
- Aimed at children aged between 10 and 12 years
- Over 2.5 million youngsters around the world compete every year
- 28 countries participated in 2019 Danone Nations Cup (DNC) (20 boys and 8 girls teams)
- South Africa competed in the DNC since its inception in 2000, and added a female team in 2019
- The DNC allows children to believe in their dreams by creating a spirit of openness, fairplay, sharing, emotion and respect
- Aiming to make children world class citizens
- The South African team won three tournametns in 2003, 2007. 2009
In South Africa, it reaches 3000 Schools from all 9 provinces. Touching the lives of about 36000 players every year. The tournament is driven by Danone’s commitment to provide a sustainable platform for children’s health and wellbeing. It is the way in which we put into practice our company’s mission of "bringing health through food to as many people as possible". The DNC encourages tomorrow’s generation to go further as World Citizens and be catalysts for positive societal change.