Volvic strikes back with a revamp of its most iconic format, its largest reference on the market, now made from 100% recycled PET. This move, a strong echo to Danone’s global packaging policy, is a major step in the brand’s roadmap towards more sustainable packaging, where plastic evolves from potential waste to a valuable resource. What’s more, the revamped Volvic 8L bottle uses approximately 15% less plastic than the previous version. Find out more about this milestone in the brand’s sustainability journey!
Healthy hydration for all, anytime anywhere
The revamped 8L bottle offers an eco-conscious way for families to enjoy the purity and unique taste of Volvic natural mineral water at home. Designed specifically for families with young children, the Volvic 8L bottle is easy to carry and compact after use. The format is also simple to use, and features a practical water dispenser with a smoother, easy-to-press button. This format is yet another testimony of the brand’s dedication to offering natural mineral water in the right format for every person and every occasion of the day.
A step along the circularity path
As part of its packaging strategy, Volvic is working to increase recycled content in its products to close the loop with used, recycled and reused materials, continuously reducing the need for newly created plastic. Volvic is aiming to ensure that all its plastic packaging contains 100% recycled material by 2025 with 100% recycled PET bottle propositions in its major markets by 2020. As a company, Danone plans to reach an average of 50% recycled material for its water and beverage bottles, and for 100% of its packaging to be reusable, recyclable, or compostable by 2025. Volvic's progressive roadmap will guarantee both access to high-quality recycled material and breakthrough technologies to go even further.
Volvic has always been committed to reducing the environmental impact of its bottles throughout their product lifecycle, for instance:
- Its bottles are 100% recyclable since 1992.
- It is one of the first natural mineral water brands in France to introduce recycled PET (rPET) in its bottle composition in 2008.
- It is the first French natural mineral water brand to include 20% bio-based plastic in its 1.5L format in 2012.
Reinforcing the benefits of rPET
The use of rPET delivers major environmental benefits, including:
- 1 ton of rPET* allows to save 50% carbon emissions versus 1 ton of virgin PET**.
- Recycling PET production reduces reliance on fossil fuels.
- Increasing rPET production and usage will help drive the circular economy, keeping plastic within its economy and out of nature!