Winter has definitely arrived, which means more comfort foods... Think creamy, spicy, hearty foods, like this Spicy Cardamom Yoghurt Chicken dish by Dine with Tasha
INGREDIENTS: (16 Blondies)
- 4 Chicken breast fillets, diced
- 4 tsp. Ground cardamom
- 2 tsp. Ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. grated ginger
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp. Brown sugar
- 3 cups NutriDay double cream plain yoghurt
- 500g Butternut, diced
- Large bunch of fresh coriander
- Over medium heat, brown chicken pieces in a little olive oil. Season with 2 tsp cardamom, 1 tsp turmeric, salt and pepper. Once brown, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry onion until soft, then add garlic, chillies and ginger. Add just a little water to loosen the brown bits from the pan.
- Add 2 tsp cardamom, 1 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp paprika, then add the yoghurt. Keep on medium heat you just want to simmer and not boil.
- Add the diced butternut and season with salt, pepper and brown sugar. Simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring regularly, until butternut is almost done. Add the chicken back to the pan and cook for another 5-10 min.
- Remove from heat and add a big handful of chopped coriander.
- Serve with rice, roti or naan and ENJOY!