Proudly South-Africa dessert with a twist in partnership with Foodies of SA
- 2½ cups NutriDay Double Cream Plain Yoghurt
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups Ultra Mel Vanilla Flavoured Custard
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Serving suggestion: Melted white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 and grease a medium-square baking dish.
- Whisk the sugar into the NutriDay Double Cream Plain Yoghurt.
- Sift the flour and gently fold in the sweetened yoghurt until the mixture forms a dough.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough by hand for 5-8 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour, a little at a time, while kneading until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 12 evenly-sized pieces and roll into smooth balls.
- Whisk the ground cinnamon into the Ultra Mel custard and spoon into a piping bag. Pipe a large dollop of cinnamon-flavoured custard into each dough ball and pinch the hole to close. Place the dough balls in a baking dish, 1cm apart from one another with the pinched hole facing the bottom. *Optional: Set the buns aside for 30 minutes, covered, in a warm place to rise.
- Brush the melted butter over each bun and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden in colour.
- When the buns come out of the oven, drizzle generously with the melted white chocolate and serve immediately. ENJOY with the family (or keep them all for yourself, we won’t tell!).