In order to accelerate Danone’s innovation agenda and to contribute to our growth ambition by 2020, we have gathered a seamless team united by passion for business and innovation.
For businesses and consumers, it has become quite clear that e-commerce is not only a channel but an entirely new business model. In fact, the phenomenon has gained traction to the point that 60% of purchases in said categories are triggered by an online touch point. Danone online sales will reach 1B€ in 2018, growing more than 50% vs last year.
Our ambition is very clear: to double the e-business size and reach 2B€ online sales by 2020. For that purpose, we have solid fundamentals and the right organization already in place in most of our markets. But a rapidly growing channel requires a deep transformation as far as organizations and their mindset are concerned, in order to capitalize on our teams’ capabilities.
This e-business transformation is based on three main pillars:
- Invest in capabilities across all countries, by strengthening local capabilities through customized programs,
- Master data, by creating data tools to monitor e-business performance efficiently,
- Create the right organizations, by building eBusiness multi-functional teams to master from supply chain to sales & digital media.
'evianchezvous.com' is evian's delivery service in the greater Paris area
Ahead of the curve
Happy Family Organics, our leading organic baby food brand available in the USA has truly been a pioneer in e-commerce. Its success story can undoubtedly be linked to four components in which the brand has invested:
- Prioritizing e-commerce within the company, both with resource and investment
- Forming a dedicated and fully-integrated eCommerce cross-functional team
- Positioning e-commerce strategy under a marketing team with digital-first/e-commerce experienced talent
- A consumer-first standpoint approach when deciding on assortment, offering and communication, for both business-to-business and direct-to-consumer channels
Happy Family Organics, with more than 10% of its business coming from e-commerce, represents an e-commerce growth double the rest of the category. This model has since been extended and will continue to inspire other categories in their journey.