Double the Flavour Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. The DanUp “Double the Flavour” Competition (“the Competition”) is organised and run by Danone Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd (“Danone” or “the Promoter”).
2. The Competition opens for entries on , and shall close to entries on (while stocks last). No entries received after will be considered.
3. By entering the ompetition, entrants agree to the terms and conditions of the Competition that are set out below.
4. This Competition is limited to all residents of and who comply with these Competition rules (“Participants”), except directors, members, partners, agents or employees of , any Danone holding companies and subsidiaries, their advertising and promotions agencies, consultants, and their immediate families, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Danone.
5. The Competition may be entered by purchasing a promotional DanUp Pineapple and Ginger 450g or 950g pack (“Participating Products”) from any participating outlet and following the Competition participation requirements (Competition Rules”) that are set out in clause 6 below.
6. Competition Rules:
6.1.To participate in the Competition, Participants are required to purchase any one of the Participating Products and keep their receipt. Participants are then required to follow the instructions located on the side of the pack of the Participating Product. The pack instructs the Participants to dial the USSD entry number *120*40404# from their mobile phones and use the relevant unique code that is located on the top fin of the Participating Product (“ Entry Code”) to complete the USSD process.
6.2.The entry costs for the Competition are 20c for 20 seconds as per USSD entry.
6.3.Participants stand a chance to win one of 1100 (one thousand one hundred) instant prizes of cash, Shoprite vouchers or TFG clothing vouchers or one of the main prizes of 10 Smart Phones. Winners will be notified via an SMS sent to the mobile phone number that they entered the Competition with.
6.4.Participants will receive instant confirmation via their mobile phone, on whether they have won or not.
6.5.Winners of the main prizes shall be awarded their prizes after the Competition has closed. Competition winners will be contacted on the entry cell phone number by an agent of Danone, between 08 October and 14 October 2020. The Winner must present their receipt of purchase of the Participating Products in order to qualify for the prize.
6.6.If a winner cannot be reached between 08 October and 14 October 2020 after at least 3 attempts, another winner will be selected.
6.7.Winners of the main prizes shall be determined by .
6.8.Participants may enter the Competition as many times as they wish over the Promotional Period, provided that Participants purchase any of the Participating Products each time, retain the purchase receipt, and complete the Competition entry, subject to the following conditions:
6.8.1. All entries from disqualified participants’ cell phone numbers will be rejected;
6.8.2. No computer-based entries will be accepted;
6.8.3. Any Participant that enters an incorrect Competition entry code 5 (five) times in succession during the USSD entry mechanism, will be blocked out of the Competition for the entire duration of the Competition (“Blocked Participants”);
6.8.4. Blocked Participants wishing to enter the Competition have an opportunity to call the Client Call Centre on 0861 435 737 between 08h00 – 17h00 Monday to Friday. Should there be a valid reason for the participant having been blocked for the reason set out in clause 6.9.3 above, which is accepted by the Promoter, at the Promoter’s discretion, such person will be allowed to participate in this Competition, subject to the Competition rules.
6.8.5. Although Participants may enter as many times as they wish, they will be limited to winning only one prize per family. Should a participant be found to be related to one of the previous winners or living at the same address, they will not be eligible to win any of the other prizes.
6.8.6. Should the Promoter suspect any fraudulent activity, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the participants from the Competition.
7.1. Main Prizes
7.1.1. Participants stand a chance to win one of 10 (ten) Smart Phones (“Main Prizes”) , to a maximum value of R10 000 (Ten thousand rand) each including VAT.
7.1.2. The Main Prizes will be couriered to the relevant winners to a daytime delivery address provided by the winner.
7.1.3. The courier package containing the Main Prize will be insured for the duration of the transit of the courier however Danone will not be held liable should any courier package be misplaced or be damaged once delivery has taken place and a signed proof of delivery has been accepted by the relevant courier.
7.2. Instant prizes.
7.2.1. The following instant prizes are available to be won randomly throughout the duration of the Competition by the Participants:
126.96.36.199. 500 (five hundred) x Cash Prizes of R200.00 (two hundred rand) each;
188.8.131.52. 400 (four hundred) x Shoprite Grocery Vouchers worth R250.00 (two hundred and fifty rand) each;
184.108.40.206. 200 (two hundred) x Clothing vouchers worth R500.00 (five hundred rand) each
7.2.2. Winners of the above instant prizes will be notified instantly if they are a winner.
7.2.3. Cash prizes:
220.127.116.11. Cash prize winners will receive a unique pin number via SMS, directly after they end their USSD session.
18.104.22.168. In addition, winners will be sent a second unique pin number from Standard Bank within 24 hours.
22.214.171.124. To claim their cash prize, winners must go to any Standard Bank ATM, select card less cash withdrawal, and enter both pin numbers, whereupon they will receive their cash prize. Cash prize winners do not need to have a bank account with Standard Bank to claim their prize.
126.96.36.199. Winners have 30 (thirty) days from receiving their pin number, to claim their winnings from Standard Bank.
7.2.4. Shoprite Vouchers:
188.8.131.52. Shoprite voucher winners will receive a virtual voucher via SMS, directly after they end their USSD session. Vouchers can be redeemed at their nearest Shoprite, Checkers or USave store nationwide.
184.108.40.206. The virtual voucher can only be used in-store and cannot be used for online purchases.
220.127.116.11. Vouchers can be redeemed only once.
18.104.22.168. Winners must use the full value of the voucher in one transaction or load the value of the virtual voucher onto a gift card in store.
22.214.171.124. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
126.96.36.199. Should the voucher be lost or stolen, neither, Danone, Shoprite, Checkers, USave nor its agents will be liable for any reimbursement of any kind.
188.8.131.52. Vouchers are valid until 31 December 2021.
7.2.5. TFG Clothing vouchers:
184.108.40.206. TFG voucher winners will receive a virtual voucher via SMS, directly after they end their USSD session. Winners can redeem the voucher at any of the following TFG @home, @homelivingspace, American Swiss, Charles & Keith, DueSouth Exact, Foschini, Markham, Soda Bloc, Sportscene, Sterns or Totalsports.
220.127.116.11. eGift Cards can only be redeemed in South Africa.
18.104.22.168. eGift cards cannot be used to reduce an outstanding balance of a TFG or RCS account.
22.214.171.124. eGift Cards cannot be used to purchase mobile airtime or data.
126.96.36.199. Change for any value remaining on an eGift Card after redeeming it will be credited to an eGift Card and will not be given to the winner in cash.
188.8.131.52. eGift Cards can be redeemed in conjunction with a voucher when making a purchase online or in-store.
184.108.40.206. eGift Cards can be used in full or for part payment of goods which you buy in-store or online.
220.127.116.11. If a store is off line, you will not be able to redeem an eGift card.
18.104.22.168. eGift Card purchase and redemption transactions cannot be reversed.
22.214.171.124. eGift Cards cannot be exchanged for cash.
126.96.36.199. eGift Cards are treated as cash and therefore any lost or stolen eGift Cards will not be replaced.
188.8.131.52. eGift Cards will expire 3 years from date of issue.
184.108.40.206. To check your eGift Card balance, call 0860 576 576
8. The winner selection is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. No substitution or cash redemption of non-cash prizes is permitted. Prizes are not transferable.
10. It is expected that people will enter on a mobile phone that is owned and registered to that person. No person can use another person’s cell phone for Competition entry purposes. This rule has been implemented in order to avoid fraud and possible litigation between the mobile phone owner and the Competition entrant.
11. Therefore, each entrant is expected to be the owner of the mobile phone from which his / her entry is sent, and no person can enter from a cell phone that is owned by another person. This is to avoid additional fraud being conducted by multiple SIM card owners.
12. Each Participant is expected to have purchased any one of the Participating Products and must be able to produce a valid till slip if requested by Danone.
13. Danone will not accept liability for entries that were not received due to any technical or service provider error or failure.
14. By entering this Competition, all entrants authorise , the Promoter, to collect, store and use (not share) personal information of entrants for communication or statistical purposes.
15. The winner/s or Participants may be requested to take part in publicity for broadcast or publishing purposes, which is conditional upon their agreement to take part in such publicity. Winners or Participants who take part in any publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoter.
16. All competition related queries should be directed to the competition care line, or 0861 435 737.